Mackie Building.jpg

Mackie Building

The Mackie Building (225 E. Michigan Street) is also known as the Chamber of Commerce Building is a six-story tall commercial building built in Neoclassical style of architecture in 1879. There is a bell tower on the north façade. The facades are elaborately decorated with carved sandstone window pediments, denticulated belt courses and cornices. Listed in The National Register of Historical Places in 1973.

 

PE performed floor capacity review, roof skylight design, stair, and interior alterations design for apartment usage. PE also involved in foundation stabilization, façade rehabilitation, sidewalk vault, HVAC support, and miscellaneous wall openings designs.